Blogging is one of the easiest ways to up your business’s SEO rank, if done correctly. Follow some of these easy tips for becoming a successful blog writer & you’ll see your ranks start climbing the charts.
• Write about something you know: This may seem like a no-brainer, but if you have to spend too much time researching a topic, you’ll be bored & so will your audience. When you know what you’re writing about, you can add your own personal spin and tips that have helped you along the way.
• Keep it short & sweet: No one has time to read a novel these days & if they do, that’s what they’re doing…not reading your novel-length blog! Keep the length at 250 words or less as a rule of thumb.
• Use bullet points: Bullet points will help your reader focus in on what you really want them to get out of the blog post.
• Fill your blog post with keywords: The correct keyword density is what gives the post “value”. When people are searching for a topic, they tend to use certain keywords. Think of all the different options (and spellings) that people will use during search. The more of these keywords that are in your post, the more likely it will appear higher in search engine ranks.
• Link, link, link: Link back to your site as much as possible. The more “link juice” given to your site, the higher the site itself will appear in search engine ranks.
Blog writing can seem like a daunting task, but remember the quick tips above. If you keep your writing short & sweet, it will get more hits and increase your website’s potential.