Do you have the day-after-a-holiday blues? While the firecrackers are now just memories, you can still keep your glow burning. As a writer, it’s important to get out, talk with others, and experience life. This may sometimes prove exhausting, but it can also spark a new level of creativity and thought. For light-hearted fun, we compiled a list of five, party blogs that content writers should read- just for fun. Give some of the ideas in these blogs a whirl next weekend!
- Shindigz Party: Not only will this party blog help you come up with fun party ideas, the author, Wendy, offers “excuses” to throw parties! She highlights ideas for birthdays, weddings, showers, and cocktail parties. She also find unique party angles for events like National Ice Cream Month and the Olympics.
- Stumps Prom: StumpsParty.com is the parent site for the Stumps Prom blog. The blog suggests ideas to help plan school events like homecoming, prom, or graduation. Planners use the decorating tips and product highlights to gather ideas for weddings, tradeshow events, and theme parties.
- Birthday Decorations: Go beyond cake and ice cream at the birthday decorations blog. Think big, as a writer should, with creative themes and birthday planning ideas. Borrow tips for girl parties, boy parties, baby play date parties, tween parties, teen parties, adult parties, and over-the-hill birthdays! Find a wide range of decorating ideas and supply suggestions.
- Halloween Decorations: For scary, spooky, and fun ideas for the favorite fall holiday, this is the go-to blog! Other than just decoration ideas, there are crafts and snacks that you can plan to make your Halloween get-together kid-friendly. Halloween Decorations offers favor ideas and themed Halloween party ideas.
- Hostess with the Mostess: This is the blog where you can find everything at once—wedding shower ideas, baby showers, birthdays, monthly and holiday parties, the whole nine yards! You’ll find tips and tricks for planning and organizing parties as well as fun craft ideas that will give your party that final, personal touch.
There are more party blogs out there for you to look at, but these are effective, well-organized, and helpful. Fight writer’s block and the day-after-a-holiday blues. Sometimes, diversions are just what writers need to spark the next surge of creativity. Put these blogs to use and start planning your next party!
Update October 23, 2012: Read how the new, Party Crashers app curates content for spontaneous gatherings.